Built in August 1927 for first-class service on the “Knickerbocker Limited” between New York and Boston over the New Haven Railroad. Originally a 36-seat parlor chair car, it became coach #603 in June 1949, and operated on most routes of the New Haven until retirement in 1962. Sold to Jim Bradley in 1964, it was moved from his Stonington back yard in April 1991 and stored in New Britain, CT. Moved to Naugatuck Railroad in November 1999. The coach was brought to Thomaston Shop in 2009 for some stabilization work to its roof and sides. The interior is in amazingly good condition, making 603 a good candidate for restoration in the future.