New Haven 3281 Railway Post Office


This car, built by Laconia and completed on March 31, 1914, served for 54 years on the New Haven. It was the first car obtained by the RMNE, being purchased by the organization in 1969 for the bargain price of $250.00. The car has often been mentioned as a restoration project, but, outside of roof repairs, little has been done to date. Perhaps the only remaining car of its type from the New Haven, this car received some attention in 1993-94, having windows replaced and the roof scraped and primed.

Leave a comment